With the advent of technology, a lot of great changes happen in society. It makes the life of people easier and transactions are done faster. It is a great help in the field of education, business, entertainment, and even medicine. Digital technology transforms unsustainable healthcare systems into sustainable ones.
Equalize the relationship between patients and medical professionals. Provide faster and more effective solutions for diseases. Nowadays, nurses and doctors use handheld devices to record patients’ real-time data. And can update their medical history instantly. This produces more efficient and more reliable diagnoses and treatments. It improved the quality of healthcare.
One of the products of technology is the Aglient UV-Vis & UV-Vis-NIR spectroscopy.
What is UV-Vis?
UV-Vis or Ultraviolet-visible spectrophotometers use a light source. To light up a sample with light. Across the UV to the visible wavelength scope of the electromagnetic spectrum. Agilent has a portfolio of UV-Vis-NIR and UV-Vis instruments. To suit a broad variety of applications.
UV/VIS/NIR spectroscopy is a powerful analytical procedure to identify optical properties. Reflectance, absorbance, and transmittance of solids and liquids. It can be used to characterize semiconductor coatings, materials, and glass. Many other manufacturing materials and research. Ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy is a solution in almost every laboratory in the world. Due to its simplicity and versatility.
How Does it Work?
The ultraviolet-visible (UV-Vis) spectrophotometers can measure the light transmitted, absorbed. Or reflected by the given sample at every wavelength. It is possible to identify the physical or chemical properties. From the sample spectrum obtained. All in all, it is possible to:
- Identify the concentration of a certain molecule in solution
- Determine molecules in a liquid or solid sample
- Characterize the transmittance or absorbance through a solid or liquid. Over a broad range of wavelengths.
- Characterize the reflectance properties of a surface. Or measure the color of a material
- Study biological processes or chemical reactions
Different measurements can be made by combining various accessories and sample holders. With a UV-Vis spectrophotometer, accessories are present for various measurements. Capabilities and sample types and for various measurement conditions.
UV-Vis spectrophotometry is a flexible technique and has been used for close to a century. In a broad range of fields. UV-Vis spectrophotometers are usually used in material research/ testing. Biotechnology/ pharmaceuticals, chemistry/ petrochemistry laboratories.
Know more about UV-Vis-NIR
UV-Vis-NIR refers to visible, ultraviolet, near-infrared. Ultraviolet-visible (UV-Vis) spectrophotometers use a light source to shed light on a sample. UV-Vis-NIR instruments are used in leading-edge materials research. Including nanocomposites, solar cells, optical components.
UV-VIS & UV-Vis-NIR Systems
- Cary 60 UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
- Efficient, flexible UV-Vis spectrophotometer ideal for routine UV-Vis analysis. Or also used in teaching labs.
- Cary 3500 UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
- Measure eight samples simultaneously with the updated Cary 3500 UV-Vis double beam spectrophotometer.
- Cary 4000 UV-Vis
- A key reference spectrophotometer for a lot of organizations (175-900 nm).
- Cary 5000 UV-Vis-NIR
- Excellent photometric performance in the 175-3300 nm range. For measuring materials of all types.
- Cary 6000i UV-Vis-NIR
- Customized for short-wave infrared (800-1800nm). Using narrow-band InGaAs and 600 l/mm NIR grating.
- Cary 7000 Universal Measurement Spectrophotometer (UMS)
- Satisfies all your electronic multi-angle transmission and reflectance.