What services do the background check sites offer?
The background check service providers are experts in collecting information about an individual or a business, with the help of public and private data/records available on the internet. These are legally operated services. Always look for a licensed service provider to get your authentic report.
Now, there are general background check sites and sites that are specialized in a specific area. If you are not sure of what are they, please head down to know more about it.
There are providers for checking an individual’s,
- Criminal records
- Social media checks
- Instant general checks
- Financial stability checks and so on.
They are available for free and paid services. IF you are not good at searching the internet for data collection, then you might have to opt for the paid services, which are available for monthly subscriptions.
The free services require a lot of your time and energy. The options being social media searches, using the best search engines, public court records, credit bureau records, and so on.
However, your searches might give you only limited results and access. Therefore it is always advisable to go for the experts in the industry to get a complete and authentic report.
Are these services legit and legal?
- The answer is Yes if you are doing it through a legally licensed consumer reporting agency that abides by the law. There is a separate law for performing this kind of checks.
- If you tend it do it yourself, you might be limited with the results of the information you get, which may not be 100% legit. Because you will be using social media and the public domain for your search which can only give you limited information. In most cases, the information will be hidden or the privacy will be set as private.
The pros and cons of using these services:
- There are best sites, that provide accurate and up-to-date information.
- These are monthly paid services, which will allow you to perform unlimited checks.
- They come with many filters and search options.
- You can also download all your results into a document, for which they will charge you.
- The cons of these sites are that you need to take a membership with them to do your checks. If you are looking for a one-time search, then this is not the right option.
Hope the information about the best background check sites, helps you understand the free and paid services offered by them, the pros and cons of using their services.